EYFS Home Learning
Please find below some websites which your child may like to use to learn at home. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about home learning.
Below is a list of activities you could complete daily to help your child continue learning at home.
1) Practise writing their name.
2) Count to 20 forwards and backwards
3) Read a story together and chat about what it was about.
4) Go on a sound hunt - give your child a sound e.g. m. Ask them to hunt around the house to find objects beginning with that sound.
5) Make up a story and ask your child to add ideas and to tell you what might happen next.
6) Look for shapes around your home and name them. Encourage children to look for 3D shapes too, e.g. cube, cylinder, pyramid.
7) Go for a walk (unless isolating) and talk about what you see.
8) Visit the web pages above and complete a game.
9) Practise writing letters and numbers correctly.
10) Ask your child to help with daily chores e.g. washing up and talk about what they are doing.
Please find below the letters we would be learning in nursery and reception. This document shows you how to say the sound correctly, how to do the action to help your child remember the sound, the Read, Write Inc. image and the ditty to help you write the letter. Have fun leaning all of them while learning at home!